Wednesday, February 6, 2013

OOTD feat. J Crew Excursion Vest in Herringbone!

I saw this picture on Pinterest and fell in love with the outfit. It's an effortless mix of prints that I never knew went so well together.


This picture made me want to re-create the outfit, badly. I don't know why I became so obsessed with the outfit, but it's mostly likely because of the herringbone vest.

I first saw the vest in J Crew stores during the end of 2012, but I couldn't myself to pay the $110 price tag. Once the vest sold out online, I instantly regretted that decision. When I saw this picture, I think those feelings of wanting the vest took over, and I absolutely HAD to have it this time. Luckily, I was able to find it on eBay for a price I couldn't pass up!




The Pinterest photo inspired today's outfit. I never would have thought to pair herringbone and cheetah print together, but they definitely look good!

J Crew Tippi Sweater / Rag & Bone Coal Skinnies / J Crew Excursion Quilted Vest / Steve Madden Croquetl Loafer

I got the vest in a size small. I normally wear a medium/6/8 at J Crew. It fits nicely, especially with a thinner sweater underneath, but if you want to wear something chunkier I would definitely size up. My sweater is another J Crew item; the Tippi sweater. I have one warning about the sweater, it shrinks! I bought it in a size large because I wanted a more oversized look, but after washing/drying it, it has shrunken to the size of a small. I'm pretty disappointed about this because now I can't wear it alone. However, it does look good under the vest, so this may become one of my most reached-for outfits!


No comments:

Post a Comment