Wednesday, February 6, 2013

7 Little Things (January 2013)

My first favorites post of the year and I'm late :(

Sorry about the delay; I've just been super busy with random things in my life!

Anyway, without further ado...

Faves January 2013


L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Bronzed Taupe


I am in LOVE with this color. It's a gorgeous, shimmery brown-taupe. The color is buildable, so you can go more sheer for the daytime, and layer it on for a bolder effect at night. One week, I wore this color to work every day. I like wearing this over Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. 

L'Oreal Elnett Extra StrongHold Hairspray


I have used this hairspray so much this month that I'm almost out of the bottle. I like this because it doesn't leave my hair really crisp and hard, like a lot of other hairsprays. If you're looking for a really tight hold, I wouldn't recommend this, even though it says "StrongHold" in the product name. The hold on this works for me because I like how my curls look after they've fallen out a little, and this hairspray provides just enough hold for that look.

Diesel Loverdose perfume


I randomly got this perfume as a sample from Sephora a few months ago, but I was so in love with my Coach Poppy that I didn't try it until now. The real reason I used it was because I went to Florida for a weekend, and I needed a mini perfume to take with me since I was only bringing a carry-on. Well, I'm so glad I went on that Florida trip, because I absolutely love the smell of this perfume! It has a sweet/sugary smell, but it's not overpowering or so sweet that you'll get a headache after smelling it for awhile. It's definitely one of my new favorite scents.

Bath and Body Works Frosted Cupcake 3-wick candle


This is hands down the best smelling candle ever. I know a lot of people rave about Bath and Body Work candles, but before smelling this one, I've never really liked any of them. I find all of the holiday candles WAY too sweet, and I'm not really a fruity/summery candle type of girl. I think I love the Frosted Cupcake one so much because I have a huge sweet tooth, and this smells EXACTLY like a baked good. However, this surprisingly doesn't make me hungry for sweets! Also, these candles last a pretty long time, and they are super strong. The smell of frosted cupcakes wafts up to my room from across the house in a matter of seconds. 

Maybelline Whisper Lipstick in Lust for Blush


I hauled the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks a few weeks ago, and since then I've been wearing the Lust for Blush color nonstop. This is light pink on my lips, which isn't a color I typically wear, but for some reason I really like how it looks on me! I know this is not a normal winter lip color, but I like it. The Whisper lipsticks are amazingly smooth and moisturizing. The lasting power is just average, but I don't mind because every time I put more on I re-hydrate my lips.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Bamboo Beige


This foundation is awesome. I discovered it a few years ago and I'm not really sure why I stopped using it! It has a very buildable coverage and evens out my skin tone SO well. I don't like layering this on because it can definitely give you cake face, but when you use the appropriate amount it works wonders on your skin.

Maybelline Fit Me powder in 350 Caramel


I mentioned this in my last favorites post, can you tell I'm loving it?! It works really well over foundation, or just on it's own. There have been a few times this month where my skin actually looked good enough to not wear foundation, so I dusted this all over my face. On its own, this gives an, even, natural, and polished look to your skin.

As an honorary mention, I have to include my new Elf Kabuki Face Brush. This was part of the haul where I got my Maybelline Color Whispers. This brush is SUPER soft and deposits powder nicely across the skin. It's also inexpensive, so I definitely recommend this brush.




No comments:

Post a Comment