Friday, April 5, 2013

Chanel Lip Gloss Review

I purchased my first Chanel lip gloss a few weeks ago, and honestly, I'm not too impressed.

via Chanel

via Beautylish

I bought the Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer in color 165 VoluptĂ©. In the tube, it is a creme coral with minimal shimmer. A color that is totally me!

When I swatched this on the back of my hand the color came out exactly how it looked in the bottle. However, when I applied it to my lips, there was barely any color! Talk about disappointment. Instead of the gorgeous opaque coral shade that I swatched, the color on my lips was sheer and had only the slightest tint of coral.


I also wasn't impressed by the staying-power of the gloss. I had to re-apply it at least five times throughout the work day. I know it's not marketed as long-lasting, but after paying $29.50 for a gloss, you'd expect it to have a pretty good wear time.

On a positive note, I love the glossiness of the formula! The packaging is also really pretty (the tube and box), but these do not justify purchasing an almost $30 lip gloss.

I'm not sure if the color sheerness only applies to this color, but I am not purchasing another to find out.

Does anyone else own this type of Chanel lip gloss? What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment