Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fab Fall Find: F21 Zippered Denim Ankle Skinnies

I am totally into the Oxblood/Wine/Burgundy (whatever you want to call it) color trend this season. When I found these Forever 21 skinny jeans I was so excited because they are super cute with the zipper detailing around the ankles AND they are inexpensive.

I've worn these non-stop since getting them. They are comfortable, stretchy and very flattering. The key to pulling off colored jeans - even dark colors - is to make sure they are not skin tight. Colored jeans aren't the most forgiving pants, so it's not the end of the world if you have to go up a size. However, the stretch in this pair makes buying your usual size, or even a size down, possible.


Click after the link to see the outfit I wore today!

Halloween outfit of the day:

J Crew Blythe Blouse in Black, $110
J Crew Hearthstone Infinity Scarf (sold out, but similar here and here)
If you think black and white is too harsh, here are some 'oat' and white options: 1, 2

Another thing I like about these skinnies is that they are ankle length. This makes them look trendy when worn with flats or heels. I wore these with heels for work because it gave off a chic, yet professional vibe at the same time. Pairing ankle skinnies with heels is a great look for casual days at the office.

These nine west Rochas are PERFECT for work. They're not sky-high (4", but with 1/2" platform) and black leather is a classic for any occasion. I also have these shoes in patent nude and they are pretty much the only heels I wear to work.

Striped scarves are a classic clothing item that everyone should have in his or her closet. I know some people are afraid of looking too much like a prisoner, but enough people wear black and white striped tops now that I think we can all get over that fear :). I am also slightly obsessed with infinity scarves because they are so easy to throw on and you don't have to worry about the sides hanging unevenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment