Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Balm: Meet Matt(e) and Nude 'Tude Palettes



The brand The Balm has always been on my radar, but I've never owned anything from them. Recently, I was in NYC with some of my friends and one of them had the Nude 'Tude palette. I took one look at it and knew I had to get it! It's definitely The Balm's version of the Urban Decay Naked palettes (I own both), but the packaging was adorable (yes, I know this is not a reason to buy a palette) and the colors were a mix of neutral shimmers, which are my favorite! Anyway, I didn't buy the palette because of the $36 price tag, and I wasn't ready to spend that much on make-up at the time.

However, a few weeks ago The Balm was on Hautelook and the Nude 'Tude palette was on sale for 50% off!! I knew I had to take advantage of the deal. I ended up getting that and the Meet Matt(e) palette, all for the price of one! Such a great deal.

Both palettes have gorgeous shades. I love buying/owning palettes because of the variety in colors that is offered. I've mentioned before that I am more attracted to neutral colors, but my collection would be so boring if those were the only ones I owned! It's nice to buy a palette where the majority of colors are ones I'd pick out for myself, but that also comes with a few colors I'd never buy individually on my own.

Remember to click on the photos below for a better view!

"Meet Matt(e)"

The colors are definitely more rich and vibrant in person. They look a little dull online, but seeing them in front of me proved differently. I really like that there are some jewel tone matte colors, which I haven't seen a lot - it also makes this palette perfect for fall!

Meet "Nude 'Tude"




This is definitely my favorite of the two palettes because of the beautiful neutral shimmery colors.

Let's talk about the packaging. It's cardboard, which means that it could fall apart easily, but it seems pretty sturdy to me. The palettes also come in a sleeve, so that's a good way to keep the packaging from getting dirty and damaged. I am also slightly obsessed with the 50's vintage vibe of the packaging's images. I think it's adorable and different than anything I've seen before!

Meet Matt(e) and his sleeve :)


Additional photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment