Wednesday, October 31, 2012

7 Little Things (October 2012)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

I'm still allowed to be excited about Halloween even if I don't trick-or-treat anymore, right?!

Anyway, here are my 7 beauty faves for this month, enjoy!

1. Paul Mitchell Smoothing Gloss Drops, $18.95
This product was recommended to me by my hairstylist when I asked for something that would smooth hair and tame frizz, and it's worked amazingly! I've heard a lot of people rave about the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum, and though I haven't tried it yet, I think I will stick to this one. Also, it gives your hair that 'fresh out of the salon' smell, which I don't mind, but other people might.

2. MAC Ring of Saturn Mineralize Blush
This is a beautiful plum shade (described as terracotta and gold melange by MAC), which is perfect for fall. The pigmentation is pretty good considering it is a mineralize blush, and it can definitely be built up to go on darker. This is from the Heavenly Creatures Fall 2012 collection, which you may be able to find at your local CCO (cosmetic company outlet).

3. Mascara combo: Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume in Blackest Black, $8.99 and Clinique High Impact Curling in Black, $16
I don't really like these mascaras individually, but together they work pretty well. I find the Revlon one is too dry and the Clinique one is too wet, but when combined they even each other out and give me long/curled lashes. I curl my lashes, apply the Revlon mascara, apply the Clinique mascara and then curl my lashes again.

4. The Balm Nude 'Tude Palette, $36
This palette is amazing for creating both daytime and nighttime smoky eye looks. The colors are all shimmery neutrals, which is my favorite type of shadow, so you can see why I've been loving/using this palette all month!

5. The Balm Meet Matt(e) Palette, $34.50
I don't own many matte eye shadows, so this palette added a lot of variety to my matte shadow collection. It consists of basic colors, which makes it great for people just getting started with makeup. I also like that it's small/compact and comes with a mirror, so it can fit into just about any purse. When I use this for work, I wear Matt Smith across my lid and Matt Gallagher in my crease. If I want to darken up the look I'll wear Matt Gallagher on my lid and Matt Ramirez in the crease.

6. MAC Kissable Lip Color in Super
This lipgloss was a limited edition color from the Peacocky Holiday 2010/Winter 2011 collection. I was able to find it on this website and you may also be able to find it at a CCO. I like the formulation of this product because it's not sticky, and once it's been applied and settles on your lips, it looks like you are wearing lipstick.

7. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, $5-$9 (depending on where you purchase) and Gold Shimmer

I've used these two colors all month. They work great as a base for eye shadow or just as as wash of color across the lid. I think these are the two best neutral colors (I don't own any of the colorful ones) from the Color Tattoo line. Gold Shimmer is limited edition, so it's probably sold out right now, but there is a permanent color called Bold Gold that is very similar, just a little more yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment