Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Nails: Maybelline Metal Icon & Essie Set in Stones

I recently discovered a new nail polish combo that I am now obsessing over!

Maybelline Color Show in Metal Icon + Essie Set in Stones = Best holiday nail combo ever.


Metal Icon is a fabulous gunmetal/silver with multicolor shimmer, and Set in Stones is a chunky silver glitter topcoat. The Essie color actually reminds me of this blog's background...can you tell I like things that sparkle?!

More after the break!

I wore Metal Icon on all of my nails and used Set in Stones as an accent on both ring fingers. I love shimmery and glittery nail polishes around this time of year because they make everything more festive and definitely put me in the holiday spirit! I've also recently been really into wearing dark grey, which is just another reason I can't take these polishes off :)



Sorry for the state of my nails. A) I still bite my nails, which I know is a bad habit, but I can't stop! and B) I am by no means a nail technician, so yea, I'm not a pro at painting my own nails. Still, I hope the photos help you see what the colors look like on your nails, and how the combo looks together. I am aware that it is kind of hard to see Set in Stones on my ring finger, but believe me, in real life it is more noticeable!

If you want to see better swatches (I don't blame you!), go here and here.

Unfortunately, the Maybelline polish was limited edition from the Fall 2012 collection, but there are so many similar colors out there, especially around this time of year. The Essie polish was part of last year's Luxeffects collection, but these polishes are definitely still available at various stores.

Chanel Graphite and Revlon Carbonite are very similar to this color, but I wouldn't say they are exact dupes. OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is another similar color, although it is definitely lighter and not as gunmetal-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment