Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Little Black Dress: Loft Ponte Pleated Sleeveless Dress & Mini Review

I finally found the perfect little black dress! Even though I own pretty much every article of clothing in black, I surprisingly didn't have a black dress. I first saw this dress on Loft.com, and it caught my eye in a different color, which was more of a cobalt blue. But, when I went to the store to find it they only had black. I still decided to try it on and I ended up loving how it looked!

J.Crew Bling-Button Cardigan, $59.50 (on sale)
J.Crew CeCe stud flats, currently sold out online

This dress definitely runs big. Well, I think Loft clothing runs large in general, but this dress was a size larger than that. At most stores I'm an 8 and at Loft I'm a 6, but I got this dress in a 4. I'm pretty self conscious about my mid-section, and the way this dress falls is very flattering and covers that area well. The dress has pockets, but they don't poof out and make your hips look large. Also, the material is really nice and thick - it's overall a well-made dress.

I like that this can be dressed up or down, worn with tights or bare legged and with heels or flats. It's super versatile, which makes it great for work, or a cocktail party! I definitely recommend wearing a belt around your waist, otherwise it looks kind of plain. The belt I chose is also from Loft and it's in the golden beige color. The gold sequiny detailing looks much more gold in real life, and it matched perfectly with the gold on my flats!

No comments:

Post a Comment