Monday, January 28, 2013

Winter Packing Tips Pt. 3: A Night Out

Another thing you will do a lot on a ski vacation is go out to dinner/drinks. This is because most people stay in hotels, so they don't have the ability to cook. Even if you stay at a place where you can cook, there will be nights when you want to venture into the ski 'village' (an area most ski resorts have with tons of restaurants, shops and bars) to check out what's there.

When you're walking around outside you can guarantee it's going to be cold. Obviously, you want to stay warm, but you're not going to wear your ski clothes because those are bulky and impractical for walking around and hanging out at a bar or restaurant.

Below are some outfit ideas for going out at night! These are the actual outfits I wore when going out in Whistler Village. Also, I wore my ski coat with all of these outfits.

I bought these Uggs a few winters ago, so they are an old style that I don't think is made anymore. I think this boot is the perfect type though for a snow boot. Columbia makes very similar boots that are perfect for cold weather. I also own a pair from Columbia and usually wear those when it's really snowy out, like blizzard status.

More outfits after the jump!


Untitled #24
Unfortunately, the majority of the items in the above outfit are sold out. However, since they are all basics, they will be easy to find at other stores. The blouse is still available in black and white at J.Crew, and I'm sure it will be available in new spring/summer colors soon. Also, tall black boots and striped scarves are very 'in' right now, so they should be easy to find just about anywhere :)


I love J.Crew's Tippi sweater because it is super soft and comfortable. The sweater also comes in a great range of colors. Of course, the color I own is sold out, but there are still other colors available online, and as with the Blythe Blouse, I'm sure there will be new colors for spring/summer.


Lela Rose scoop neck top / Banana Republic sweater jacket / J.Crew pixie pants / Tory Burch leather boots / Burgundy Wool Scarf Woolmark

Wearing leggings out may not be your first pant choice, but these ones from J.Crew are pretty thick and kept my legs warm. Pixie Pants are a little pricey, so if you don't want to spend $80 on them, the J.Crew Factory has a cheaper version. I own both and the only differences are that the Factory pair are a little more stiff, and the zipper is on the the left side instead of the back. Also, if you don't want to wear leggings, a nice pair of black pants work too :) I really love my Rag and Bone black skinnies in coal.

My top is the Lela Rose one from the Neiman Marcus and Target collection. I only bought it because it was 50% off, but I should have held out a little longer because it went even lower to 70% off. The collection is not available online anymore, but I'm sure you can still find some things in stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment