Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Winter Packing Tips Pt. 2: Lounging Around

In my Winter Wonderland and Packing Tips pt. 1 post I mentioned needing to pack different types of outfits when going on a ski (or snowboarding) trip. I gave ideas for skiing/boarding clothes, and this post will provide ideas for what to wear when you're just hanging out after a long day on the slopes!

When I finish skiing for the day I always go back to my hotel room to eat a snack and relax. While I'm justing hanging out in my hotel room I like to wear lounge-y clothes. It feels so nice to put on something comfortable and warm after having worn sweaty and cold clothing all day! Lately I've been obsessed with Lululemon yoga pants (something my wallet is NOT obsessed about), so I’ll wear those, a t-shirt and a sweatshirt.

Some other yoga pant brands I like are Under Armour and Victoria's Secret VSX and/or Pink.

Yoga Pants

I don’t like fitted tops, so all of my lounge shirts are over-sized or at least loose fitting. They usually have some design that represents my alma mater (Boston University), sorority (Kappa Delta) or a place I’ve been to on vacation.

Untitled #21

When it comes to sweatshirts, I find that I'm most comfortable in quarter-zips and hoodies. A lot of people also like zip-ups, but I don't like these as much because I feel more constricted when wearing them.


Also, don’t forget fuzzy socks! These are the best for lounging. No one wants to have cold feed J

Another thing you should remember to bring is a bathing suit. A lot of hotels have heated indoor or outdoor pools as well as hot tubs. It feels so amazing to sit in a hot tub after skiing/boarding, and they help relax your muscles so you won't feel as sore the next day! I like Victoria's Secret bathing suit tops because they have some nice styles that provide good support and coverage.

Bathing Suits
Victoria's Secret victoria secret swimwear / Victoria's Secret bikini swimwear / Victoria's Secret bikini swimwear


Part 3 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment