Friday, January 11, 2013

Target Haul: Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks & More!

I did a little Target shopping today, and of course ended up in the make-up section! It's actually been awhile since I've bought new make-up, so it was exciting to see the new spring products. Here's what I picked up:




I've wanted to try the Elf Kabuki Face Brush for awhile, but have never had a reason to pick it up since I love my angled kabuki brush (mentioned in this post). WELL, I sadly spilled something on that brush and now it's kind of gross, so this was the perfect opportunity to pick up the Elf one.

I haven't used the Elf brush yet, but from testing it on the back of my hand and my face, it is SUPER soft and not scratchy at all.

I FINALLY found the Maybelline color tattoos I wrote about a month ago. There were still a bunch in stock in every color except for Barely Branded, which was the only one I wanted. Fortunately, I was able to grab the last one!

Read about the Maybelline Color Whispers after the jump!


The products I was really hoping to find were the new Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks. Maybelline describes them as:
"Pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel.
No heavy waxes or oils.
Soft, sexy gel-color."

These are similar to the Revlon Lip Butters that came out about a year or so ago. Just from first impressions, I think I will like these better than the Lip Butters because they seem more balmy and like they would apply more smoothly to your lips. Also, unlike the Lip Butters, the Color Whispers do not have any glitter, which I like becuase the glitter in the Lip Butters made some of them gritty.

Colors I purchased: 30 Pin Up Peach, 80 Made-It Mauve, 25 Lust for Blush and 20 Mocha Muse.


I recommend looking for these at Target (or Walmart) because they are $2 cheaper than at CVS and Walgreens!

Swatches


L to R: 30 Pin Up Peach, 80 Mad-It Mauve, 25 Lust for Blush and 20 Mocha Muse

As you can see, these are super glossy, which means they are hydrating and will moisturize your lips. I was actually surprised by how glossy these swatched because in the tubes they looked relatively matte.

I like glosses like the Maybelline Color Whispers because the pigmentation is similar to a regular lipstick, but they give the same glossy effect of a lipgloss. It's like getting two products in one!

No comments:

Post a Comment