Thursday, November 29, 2012

Black Friday & Cyber Tuesday Haul!

I had an amazing Thanksgiving and mini vacay from work, and I hope everyone else did too! I didn't do much shopping on Black Friday, instead I made most of my purchases at sales before and after the day.

Here is what I did purchase!

Forever 21 Cable Knit Pointelle Sweaters in Olive and Cream $22.80 each


I bought these sweaters on Cyber Monday. I've wanted cable knit sweaters for awhile, and these ones look super cozy. I also loved the olive green color. I normally wear a medium at F21, but I ordered these in larges because I want the over-sized look.

To make my order eligible for the discount and free shipping I had to spend over $50, so I also bought a pair of earrings and a cami. I own the cami in other colors, and it is really comfortable and the perfect thickness for layering.




UPDATE 12/12: I finally received my Forever 21 order and I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed :(. The sweaters did not look good on me, and even though I ordered them in the same size, the cream one was SUPER small. It fit snugly on my younger sister, who normally wears an xs or s at Forever. The olive one fit me in the large, but I think chunky/cable knit sweaters are not for me. Also, the earrings were way bigger than I expected. I guess I didn't read the description carefully enough, because I thought they were going to be 1/2-1 inches, but they're more like 2 inches, which is huge! I'm definitely returning the sweaters, but I have to keep the earrings because jewelry items are final sale. 

The one thing I do like about ordering off of Forever21.com is that when you return an item you get a full refund, whereas I'm pretty sure in-store purchases can only be returned for a store credit.

More items after the jump!





I've wanted a new watch for awhile. It's not that I don't love my Michael Kors Rose Gold watch, it's just that rose gold doesn't match everything, and I've been wearing a lot of gold jewelry lately. I came across this one while at Macy's, and after trying it on and seeing how much of a discount I would get after all of my coupons, I decided it was the prefect time to make my new watch purchase.

The watch was originally $575, which is WAY too much for me to spend on my own. Luckily, it was 10% off, and then I was also able to purchase it pre-sale, so it was an extra 25% off of the already discounted price. On top of that, I also had a $94 gift card to Macy's, which allowed me to save over $300!

Express Convertible Sleeve Tux Tails Blouse


I've had my eye on this blouse for a pretty long time, probably since it was first stocked in stores. I have a crazy obsession/love for blouses, and next on my wish list was one in maroon/burgundy. I've tried this top on before, but I never actually made the purchase, so when I saw Express was having 50% off, I had to take advantage of the deal.

Unfortunately, I this is sold out on-line, but you may be able to still find it in stores!



This fall/winter I've been loving tweed and herringbone. I didn't own anything in either prints until I made this order, but I have lusted over them. There were a few factors involved in my purchase of this coat. 1) I don't own anything tweed, 2) I needed a new pea coat to replace my really old black one and 3) 50% off, enough said.


Tinley Road Silk Olivia Blouse in Marshmallow from Piperlime $79

Yet another blouse for my collection. Not much explaining to do here, besides that I needed a white blouse, and this was on sale! I've tried it on and the material is really silky and looks more expensive than what I paid!


One clothing item I wish I was able to purchase is this camel blazer from J Crew. Unfortunately, by the time I got on the site it was all sold out in my size :(



No comments:

Post a Comment