Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Celebrity Look for Less: Taylor Swift in Polka Dots

I saw a picture of Taylor Swift on Pinterest a few days ago and absolutely fell in love with her outfit! If you couldn't already tell from my previous post, I am totally into burgundy, so her outfit is one of my faves.


Taylor is wearing cropped, dressier pants, but in the outfit I created I chose burgundy skinny jeans. It's pretty cold where I live, so I think jeans are more appropriate for the weather. Also, jeans make the outfit look more casual.

Outfit information after the jump!

Tobi "Penny for Your Dots Sweater," $42 (on sale, original $60; similar sweater here and here)
Similar tops/blouses herehere and here
Forever 21 Short Pearlescent Bead Necklace in cream, $4.80
Joe's Skinny Stretch Jeans in Bordeaux, $158 
ShoeMint "Hillary" flats, $80 (similar herehere and here)

If you're not ready to go full-dot, you can wear a plain neutral shirt and have polka dot accessories. I think a polka dot scarf or shoe would give the same trendy look as the original outfit! 

Polka dots


A lot of the polka dot accessories I found are navy with white polka dots, so I would definitely pair those with a white shirt/blouse. Speaking of navy...

I also really like pairing burgundy and navy blue together. I found some navy blue polka dot tops if you also like that color combo, or if you think black and white polka dots is too harsh.

L to R:


No comments:

Post a Comment