Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My new obsession (J.Crew Cece flats)

A pair of shoes I've been loving this spring/summer are the J Crew Cece leather ballet flats. I own three pairs! Luckily, I haven't bought any of them at full retail price (thank god for student discounts and the outlet store!).

I was never a huge fan of J Crew until this spring. I always saw their clothing and style as catered more towards an older crowd, but recently it seems like the company has shifted their target customer focus. All of their items are still classics, but they've updated their patterns and colors for a more contemporary and young look. Everything is bright and bold, and they have tons of statement accessories!

Below are the three flats that I own:

J Crew Cece Leather ballet flats in Fresh Mango $138

Fresh Mango is no longer available online, but you may still be able to find the color in J Crew factory/outlet stores. The shoe is currently being sold online and in stores in its fall shades. The fall color equivalent would probably be the Poppy, which is red, but I've read reviews saying it looks more coral in real life.

The other two Cece flats that I own are actually in the same style. I had been searching for black and nude flats, and even though I don't really like buying the same flat in different colors, when I saw these and their studs I wanted both colors! I bought the black ones from J Crew online and found the nude ones (for half off!!) when I was shopping at the Woodbury Commons outlet in New Jersey with my cousin last weekend.


J Crew Cece Studded leather ballet flats in Black (top) and Warm Taupe (bottom) $138

Black and nude flats are definitely staple shoes that every woman should have in her wardrobe. They go with everything and can be dressed up or down. I particularly like these ones because of studs. They give an otherwise plain, neutral colored flat some edge.


Now that I'm completely obsessed with J Crew, here are a few other items I'd like to purchase for the fall:

Tippi Sweater in Crushed Grape $80

The Tippi Sweater looks so cozy, and it comes in all sorts of fun colors and patterns. This bright purple color is so pretty, and I'm also into the mint (turquoise pool) and burgundy (hthr burgundy) colors.

Blythe Blouse in Retro Jade $110

This is a great classic blouse. It can be worn to work with a skirt or slacks, or worn more casually with jeans. I really like this bright turquoise color; it will be a great contrast when worn with black.


I've never purchased anything from J Crew's online factory store, but this blouse caught my eye as I was browsing. It's similar to the Blythe Blouse, so I want to see how the quality compares. I'm always up for getting a cheaper alternative!


No comments:

Post a Comment