Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Maybelline Fall 2012 "Scene on the Runway" Collection

Maybelline's Color Tattoo cream shadows have been a hit ever since their release in 2011. The permanent line consists of nine shades. I own three: Bad to the Bronze, Audacious Asphalt and Tough as Taupe. My favorite is Bad to the Bronze, which is a shimmery bronze color (as it sounds). I don't use the other two colors AT ALL.

I like cream shadows because they are versatile and can be worn as a base under eye shadow, or on their own as a wash of color across the lid.

Now on to exciting new things! Maybelline recently released the Fall 2012 "Scene on the Runway" collection. It is a line of eight limited edition cream shadows, four of which are earth toned and four of which are jewel toned.

 Photo credit: Musings of a Muse

The permanent colors Bad to the Bronze and Audacious Asphalt are also being promoted with this collection. Since these are part of the permanent line I wouldn't run out to buy them, but I would snatch up the other shades before they go!

I haven't had much luck finding these at my local drugstores. I did finally track down the collection after calling three Rite Aids, and even then the store only had the the neutral shades in stock. After seeing each shade in person I bought four!

Earth Tones:
L to R: Barely Beige, Gold Shimmer
Mossy Green, Rich Mahogany

Photo Credit: amarixe.com


Jewel Tones:
Photo credit: amarixe.com

L to R: Fuchsia Fusion, "Ready, Set, Green"
Blue on By, Test My Teal
Photo credit: amarixe.com



1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I love the rich colors! I want them all. :)

    ReplyDelete