Thursday, August 9, 2012

Neon Haze

Today's outfit is pretty simple and easy for anyone to recreate! All of the individual items - blouse, skinny jeans, flats and statement necklace - are staple pieces that I think every woman should have in her closet.

What makes my outfit more fashionable than boring is that I wore classic pieces with a twist. Neon and color blocking are, and continue to be, huge trends this summer.

I color blocked by pairing this neon coral blouse and turquoise necklace together. Personally, I'm not daring enough to color block with two clothing items as most people do, such as wearing mint pants and a purple top, but color blocking via accessory is within my styling comfort zone.


Imitation J Crew Bubble Necklace in Turquoise
J Brand 811 mid-rise jeans
Steve Madden Kadiee flats in nude patent (on sale now!)


 I'm in love with both coral and neon, so this neon coral J Crew blouse was an amazing find. Unfortunately this particular one is not in stock anymore, but the blouse is still available in other colors!

A statement necklace - especially a fun, brightly colored one - is a great way to spice up any look. I was sucked into the bubble necklace trend, but couldn't justify paying $150 for J Crew's bubble necklace. Instead, I did some online research and found a cheaper alternative on eBay! (These necklaces are also on Etsy; just type in 'J Crew Bubble Necklace' and tons of different stores will pop up)

I also have on my Michael Kors rose gold watch, which I wear everyday and, so far, has gone with all of my outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment